Friday, April 16, 2010

Meal 53

Tonight I made a hot turkey & cheese ciabatta sandwich with fresh dill.  It all started when I spotted the ciabatta on WalMart's clearance bread rack....I don't know if many of you look at those racks, but I always do.

I sliced the ciabatta in half, took off the top & started stuffing it with tons of great stuff.  The sliced turkey became the base, then I grated up some sharp cheddar, sprinkled on some fresh dill & started on the butter sauce to top it off.  I melted half a stick of butter & added in about 3 tablespoons of sweet & hot mustard.  Then I brushed that inside & outside the top of the bread.  Then I sprinkled on top of the bread some more fresh dill & poppy seeds.

Our vegetable for the night was Granny's 2009 dill pickles from our garden.  Everyone here loves those, but Wayne is our biggest fan of the dill pickle!

53 meals completed...247 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment