Thursday, April 8, 2010

Meal 47

Tonight we have eaten from our own garden for the first time in 2010!!  It's always so exciting for us & this may be the earliest we've ever done it.

Our greens are growing so well that they needed to be thinned & so Tony just "harvested" the thinnings he pulled instead of letting them go to waste.  He sauteed them up with some bacon & fresh scallions that he had pulled from the garden too. 

While he was doing that I chopped up the fresh basil & tomatoes for our bruschetta....and "grilled" some italian bread in a saute pan.  This has quickly become one of my favorite foods of all time.  The fresh basil, garlic & tomato combo is just amazing - and I love how light it is for us. I think I can do this all summer!

47 Meals done...253 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment