Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Meal 135 - Sloppy Joes & butternut two ways

Tonight I made sloppy joes from scratch & butternut squash in two different ways. 



#1 - I chopped up half a butternut squash & one large sweet potato - tossed with olive oil, salt & pepper & baked them at 450 for 10 minutes.  Remove them from the oven & toss with two tablespoons of maple syrup.  Return to oven for another 20 minutes.  This was FABULOUS!!


#2 - With the remaining butternut I chopped it up into fry sized pieces, sprayed with cooking oil & lightly salted.  I placed these on a baking sheet in the same oven & baked until they were lightly browned.


#3 - I chopped two small heads of cabbage, one green pepper, tossed with melted butter & popped that in the oven too.

#4 - For the sloppy joes I just browned the hamburger, added one chopped green pepper & one onion - lots of ketchup, some mustard, garlic powder & brown sugar.  I used to try the cans of manwich - but they don't have enough flavor so I was always "doctoring" them up.  I finally just stopped spending the money on them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment