Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Meal 121 - Meatloaf & acorn squash

Monday night was quickly made meatloaf, fried cornbread & baked acorn squash.  The meatloaf was wonderful & I totally contribute the flavor to the fresh green peppers I added from our garden.  It just really made all the flavors pop.

I cut the acorn squash in half.  Baked them along with the meatloaf.  However, this time when they were done, I scooped out the squash from it's shell & added a little butter, brown sugar & salt.  The squash was Tony's favorite part of the meal.  The way I made it last time he wasn't really crazy about it.  This time he loved it.  I think this proves that you really have to play with your food & recipes to find what works best for each individual family.

The cornbread Wayne mixed up himself & Tony actually fried it up for all of us while I was picking the girls up from soccer practice.  The greatest meals are the ones where we all pitch in or at least together during the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment