Friday, August 6, 2010

Meal 119 - Greek Moussaka

I just tempered eggs for the first time in my life!
And, I felt very successful when I didn't end up with any scrambled pieces in my sauce!!
And the end of farmer's market today I brought home two eggplants & some fresh garlic, thanks to Athyleon!  I also had some onions & tomatoes left.  So all of that, plus some ground beef, milk, eggs & cheese became our supper. 

It was one of those nights where I just decided to search the internet until I found a recipe that fit what I had available & I ended up choosing a Greek Moussaka recipe. 

The link to the recipe I used is here:
http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,166,143186-240198,00.html

And the link to the wonderful little greek woman that I watched make this on youtube is here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWWSWQYPYgI

Here's a picture of the final product.  It took 2.5 hours to prepare.  Not sure it had enough flavor for me.  If I do it again, I'll probably add more seasoning.

No comments:

Post a Comment