Sunday, August 15, 2010

Meal 125 - Meatloaf & baked cabbage

Saturday night I was so excited about baking some cabbage!!  Since I was firing up the oven anyway, I just chose a meatloaf to go along with the cabbage.  I don't know if I've ever described how a friend taught me to bake the cabbage.  But I basically chop it up, add onion & pepper and toss it in melted butter & seasoned salt.  Pour into a greased casserole dish & bake at 350 for about an hour.  It is so wonderful!!

Dara put together the meatloaf Saturday night.  Hamburger, egg, quick oats, chopped onion & peppers, worcheshire sauce and some of mom's homemade tomato ketchup from this year's tomatoes!  I baked this for about an hour & then topped with some more homemade tomato ketchup - mixed up with a little brown sugar.  This makes it fabulous.

We also had some cornbread and leftovers from our Thursday night meal - which mom had made for us.  She made us pinto beans, corn, mashed potatoes & cole slaw.  That was a great meal too.

No comments:

Post a Comment