Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Meal 128 - Stuffed Mini-bells

I'm so excited about tonight's meal, even though I haven't even officially cooked it yet.  I've just spent about 30 minutes doing the prep work & have the entire plan in motion so I'm blogging now.

Check these out:

These little adorable creations are mini-bells.  Little bitty bell peppers!!  I am selling them at our local farmer's market this year & I have fallen in love with them.  I've cooked with them many times & have waited patiently to find the time to stuff them because in my mind, they would make the cutest addition to any meal.  Just look at them all lined up!!

So anyway, I just did a simple hamburger stuffing.  Mixed my hamburger up with a little garlic salt & pepper - and that's it.  I was surprised at how much hamburger a pint of these held.  And I was surprised with the number of them when they were all lined out.  I never thought one pint would make an entire meal - so we will be adding some hamburgers or mini-meatloaves to our plates as well.  I would just stuff up another pint to go with them, but I don't have any left.


I thought about topping them with lots of different things - but have finally decided that I'm going to make a warm dipping sauce for them out of our green pepper jelly.  In my mind (again) these are going to be amazing flavor combinations - so I'll let you know later if I was right!


I'll probably add some baked cabbage to this meal & call it complete.  Maybe some rice??  Not totally sure on the sides needed.  Will post final decisions later.

No comments:

Post a Comment