Thursday, January 21, 2010

Actual Chicken Spaghetti Recipe!!

A friend resent this to me the other day, so I thought I'd post the actual recipe.  It's a little different than the way I did it the other day.  I used a large covered skillet last time & this is more of a casserole approach.  Both turn out great, it just depends on what works for you at the time.

Ingredients:
1 small box of velveeta cheese
2/3 stick of margarine (or butter)
½ green pepper
1 small onion
1 can Rotel tomatoes
small can of mushrooms (or a handful of fresh ones sliced)
1 tablespoon mustard (I forgot this when I made it last week)
8-10 ounces of spaghetti – cooked and drained

2 cups chicken – (I grilled extra chicken one day for supper and chopped it in cubes the next day and used it. A friend sometimes boils chicken and pulls it apart. You can use canned chicken). Put more or less if you like.

Preheat oven to 350°
Melt velveeta cheese and margarine in microwave.
Chop up green pepper and onion and a couple of tablespoons of water and microwave it for a little while (a minute or two) to make them soft. If you use fresh mushrooms, add them to this and microwave them also. Drain and add to mixture of cheese.
Then add Rotel tomatoes, canned mushrooms, and mustard. Lastly, add spaghetti and chicken in a big casserole dish and bake it at 350° for about 30-45 minutes.

Thanks for sending this Lucindy!!

1 comment:

  1. I asked Lucindy for the recipe and told you you had misplaced yours, sorry!! But it was yummy, I made it for supper on Tueday!!

    ReplyDelete