Saturday, February 11, 2012

Juicing - Day Two

I've discovered why Wayne loves juicing for everyone.  The juice machine is basically a super cool power tool for the kitchen!!  As cool as it is though, I've decided that sometimes the simple hand tool, works best.  I've tried putting citrus through the juicer, but it takes so much work to get the peeling off a grapefruit or lemon that I've gone back to juicing them with my mom's old glass juicer.  I'm also convinced that I get more juice from them this way. 
This morning Dara wanted some fresh grapefruit juice before she left for the ACT.  Hopefully it will be the "brain-food" she needs for the test.  Here's the amount of juice I got from the one grapefruit.
After I got her off to the test I made a couple of different juices for Tony & I to start the day.  His, in the mug, is 2 pears, about a cup of red grapes, and the juice from half a lemon.  I also added one whole banana, which doesn't really juice!  So don't try that.  My juice is about one cup of strawberries, one apple, one mango & the juice from a half a lemon. 
Jamilyn loves smoothies so we whipped one up for her this morning.  Her smoothie includes one banana, one half cup of strawberries & one mango.  We didn't add any yogurt, water or ice, just the fruit.  She said it was very filling.  And, as you can, it was very pretty.






No comments:

Post a Comment