Sunday, February 5, 2012

Growing & seeding

Came home from worship this afternoon & dug in some dirt.  It's honestly one of my most favorite things to do.  I used dirt left over from last years containers on the porch....fertilized it with some of the "unsuccessful" juice from last night (haha) and seeded both some basil & some swiss chard. The cups I used are from someone's 70's kitchen.  I love them.  I also recycle yogurt cups for seeding. Wrapping them with saran wrap is just necessary for a day or two until the seedlings emerge.
The second picture is my "regrowing" celery!  Saw the idea on pinterest & decided to give it a try.  I pulled in one of my small containers from the backporch & just buried the very tip into the dirt enough to cover it.  I set it on our kitchen's windowsill and this is what has happened. Can't wait to see how it does from this point. 


No comments:

Post a Comment