Monday, November 7, 2011

Day 7 - Sauteed Pumpkin with Ham & Greens

I'm not completely done with our supper for tonight, but I'm blogging now because tonight promises to be one of those late nights that are full of great things!

I have just put a city ham in the crock pot, it's on low for the rest of the afternoon.  I'm pairing the ham with fresh greens I just picked from the garden & sauteed pumpkin that I'm going to just give a quick warm up when I get home tonight. Since the pumpkin is already roasted, I'll just add it to a skillet with some melted butter & give it a good sauteeing until I see some brown on it.  I read Mr. Food's recipe for sauteed pumpkin just a minute ago & am attaching it to this entry just because I've always enjoyed watching him cook.  I may even add a little maple syrup to the pumpkin to give it a try like he suggests. If I have more time than I think I'll whip up some home-made hoecakes to go with the meal, if not I have some Sister Schubert's rolls in the freezer to add. To me this is a perfect meal....a strong green, a great yellow & a protein!  This is fall cooking at it's best.

Here's Mr. Food's link:
http://www.mrfood.com/Vegetables/Sauteed-Pumpkin#

No comments:

Post a Comment