Saturday, November 12, 2011

Day 11 - Pie Pumpkin Cake for Kat

Today is a benefit for an amazing young lady in our community, Kadison Warren. She is important an important person to all three of our children & her mom was actually my college room-mate.  So, I have become a "old lady" and baked up a cake for the benefit.  Really?  Isn't that something that only women over 65 do??  But the truth is I've come to grips with my enjoyment of these things & I've taken GREAT joy in knowing it was for Kat.

Click here for the recipe
While the cake recipe is fabulous & I could talk about the amazing streusel that's inside or the great texture of the batter since the recipe maker included the sour cream...that's not the real story here.

The real story today is that there are people everywhere, everyday that are facing some pretty tough things. If you aren't one of those people right now, be an encouragement to those who are.  Pray for them in their valleys.  If you are facing a giant in your own life, take comfort in the voice of truth from God's word. "The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." from Psalms 34.

No comments:

Post a Comment