Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Day 2 of Pumpkinmania - Pumpkin Frittata

Today I used four cups of cooked pumpkin to make a pumpkin frittata for supper.  Here's a pic of the four cups - I do think pumpkin is a very pretty food.

The recipe also called for fresh spinach, which we still have growing in our garden.  It is absolutely beautiful at this time of year & it's such a great power food.  
The recipe that I used is posted below.  All in all, it was okay.  If I used this recipe again, I would add alot more flavor...probably with some freshly chopped basil.  I didn't get a frittata pic tonight, but might try to take some pics tomorrow of the leftovers. 

I really am enjoying this pumpkin marathon & the fact that we are using what we have & trying to be thankful for it - but a funny scriptural thought just hit me.  In the New Testament there is a story of a man who was faithful with a few things & because of that faithfulness he was given much more....I sure do hope God doesn't given us more pumpkins!!!  Of course, that would be funny.

The story is from Matthew 25 - and the summary verse for me is this - "Well done, good and faithful servant!  You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things.  Come and share you master's happiness!"  



No comments:

Post a Comment