Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Meal 86

I had thought about meal 86 all day before I got it made & I was so excited about the vegetables that I honestly didn't care if we even had a protein.

My favorite dish of the meal was wilted spinach & lettuce salad.  Here's the link:

http://cookeatshare.com/recipes/wilted-spinach-bacon-salad-172946?ref=p_title

The only major change I made in this recipe was that I more than doubled it & used about half & half lettuce & spinach.  The steam rising up from the saute smelled so wonderful, it was almost as exciting as actually eating.

The second amazing vegetable dish I tried was a zucchini casserole from this link:

http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,1850,136177-228204,00.html

We took pictures of both dishes, but I accidently deleted them, which is totally unlike me.  We ate this meal outside on the deck, enjoying the summer night. 

O, I also sauteed some chicken to go with this, but it was totally unneccessary..the eggs in the zucchini casserole could've held their own without an additional protein.

Hope you have time to enjoy these recipes too, Meal 86 done!

No comments:

Post a Comment