Sunday, June 6, 2010

Meal 82

Friday I brought home some wonderful zucchini from the farmer's market. Tonight was the first time I've cooked since then!!

The highlights of the meal were the fresh zucchini, garlic & lettuce - all from our local farmer's market.  I used the following recipe:
 
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Creamy-Zucchini-with-Linguine/Detail.aspx

 
I'm convinced that the farm fresh garlic (thanks Athyleon!) made a big difference in the taste.  I also changed the recipe a little by grating the zucchini instead of chopping it.  I thought this would make the zucchini a little more palatable to my kids!  Of course we added some freshly grated parmesan.  That has become our favorite thing to do lately.
 
 
I also sauteed some chicken in olive oil & just seasoned those with salt and pepper.  Then our kids went & picked some fresh lettuce from the garden. 

We added home-made croutons that I had made earlier in the week for our farmer's market.  And, our meals were complete.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment