Monday, June 7, 2010

Meal 83

Today I cooked a big meal for lunch....I've fallen behind on cooking, so I'm gonna' have to make up some lost ground somewhere.  Plus, our kids got up & had a big morning of rock picking up on the farm so I knew they would be really hungry when they came in.

I fixed a four pound meatloaf.  I added mustard, tomato puree,worcheshire sauce, oatmeal, onion & two eggs.  I never end up with a meatloaf that tastes the same because I'm always changing what I put in it based on what there is available in the pantry & frig. Like this morning I would've used ketchup, but we were out.  I found a can of tomato puree in the pantry & decided that would work, but then I couldn't find our can opener anywhere??  A friend called to say he was coming by to pick up a key, so I asked him to bring a can opener with him.  He did & our meatloaf was saved!  Thanks Jeremy. 

I also baked a large pan of cornbread with chopped up jalapenos instead of the habanero relish this time.

My two favorite things on the plate were the new potatoes & zucchini.  I boiled a quart of small red potatoes, drained them & just added some butter, salt & pepper.  New potatoes are such a treat that they stand simply on their own. 
I also roasted some zucchini....which was wonderful!  I sliced up one large zucchini & tossed it in olive oil, garlic salt, black pepper & some fresh thyme.  I roasted them in the same oven with the meatloaf.


Meal 83 cooked & eaten, now I've just got to go clean!!
(And go buy a can-opener!)

No comments:

Post a Comment