Saturday, May 29, 2010

Meal 77

Meal 77 was ham, green beans, smashed potatoes & cornbread.
I picked up a $4 - fully cooked ham at our local grocery....stuck it in the crock pot while we were gone to discipleship for about an hour.  When we got back home I simmered home-canned green beans with a little of that ham & boiled some potatoes, while mixing up the cornbread batter.

The kids LOVE the smashed potatoes I make, which is based on my version of Racheal Ray's smashed ones.  After they are boiled I drain them, add some butter & sour cream, salt & pepper, and slice up a whole green onion.  I use an old fashioned potato smasher & just give them a quick smash to incorporate everything in the pot.  They are NOT like mashed potatoes at all - but they are delicious.

Meal 77 done - 223 meals to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment