Thursday, May 20, 2010

Meal 74

Today's meal began 2 years ago....literally.
Our son brought home a rooster that his class had hatched out from an incubator exactly 2 years ago. 


I did some research on how to cook a rooster because they are notoriously tough....and came up with a variation on the classic french "coq au vin."  Here's the recipe link.  I followed it almost exactly.  It was fairly simple.
 
http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/coq_au_vin/
 
I also baked some kale for the first time.  Washed & dried the leaves, laid them on a greased baking sheet, sprayed them with olive oil & sprinkled a little salt.  I baked them for just a few minutes, then turned them & baked them a little longer.  They were a big hit...they were crispy, just like potato chips.
 
Then I also baked some strawberry shortcakes.  I just followed the recipe on a box of biscuit mix, except I added a little more sugar accidently.  They were wonderful with our fresh strawberries!
 

74 meals complete....226 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment