Saturday, May 8, 2010

Catch up...

It has been 8 days since I've blogged & am very thankful for a friend who messaged me & said "Have you all not eaten this week?"  I so need accountability!!

May 2 - We took our kids for an afternoon shopping trip & ate in the malls' food court (that always seems like such a bad idea after you've done it!)
May 3 - I actually have NO memory of this night.
May 4 - We ate deer tenderloin, cooked spinach, corn bread & rolls.  Our kids have eaten this so much lately that they finally said...."please stop cooking that for awhile."  I agreed.
May 5 - We had what we call "bean dip."  It's a quick open the can meal that Tony learned from an aunt before we got married.  Open a can of refried beans, smear a big dollop or two on a dinner plate, top with salsa, cheese, hot sauce, olives, green onions (whatever you have)...microwave that for a minute & then add some sour cream & lettuce if you have it.  Eat with chips.  It is a wonderful go to meal when time is slim.  The kids also fixed some quesadillas that night.
May 6 - FFA banquet with steak, rolls & baked potatoes!!
May 7 - We ate supper at our niece's wedding rehearsal

That was prepared meals for this entire week....that's not great, but it's better than nothing.  And, I'm pretty sure we ate at home on Monday....I just can't remember what it was?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment