Monday, December 13, 2010

Meal 196, 197 & 199

Jambalaya!!  A friend shared Emeril Lagasse's recipe for "Mardi Gras Jambalaya" with me years ago & it's been a constant favorite for us ever since.  Here's the link:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/mardi-gras-jambalaya-recipe2/index.html

There's lots of things I do to change the recipe from time to time.  For example, I've never prepared this recipe with the duck it calls for, but have always substituted chicken.  And, I don't always add the shrimp unless I have been somewhere recently to get really good shrimp.  Since we live in a smaller town, there isn't much choice on shrimp here....it's usually frozen salad shrimp or nothing. 

I normally mix up the "essence" he uses with this recipe, but I have substituted store bought "cajun" seasoning.  I prefer the essence.

This one pot of jambalaya served us for 3 nights!  Meal 196-197 & 199!

No comments:

Post a Comment