Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 Wrap Up


Since I last blogged Tony has brought home a beef and we've been snowed in for days.  We have eaten well & have added at least 16 full meals to my final count.  That will bring the total to 217 for the year.  That means that there were 83 fewer meals cooked than I had planned - - but I still consider this a success because that is still more than I've probably ever cooked before!

Not to make excuses, but I think part of my count downfall was not due to eating out as much as me not considering in the beginning how many times we would be eating nightly meals at church this year and also how many times my mom will cook and deliver meals to us!  She is always bringing us pinto beans and cornbread or chili - - and too much more to even name.

Here's some pictures of the very casual meal we just enjoyed here tonight.  Our last meal together of 2010.  The stars of the meal were these little mini quiches in ham cups. They were wonderful. We also had garlic and cheese dip with toasted french bread....sugar cookies and fruit. 












All in all, this was probably the best gift I ever gave Tony - he loved it and says it was his favorite too.  He's the greatest guy ever at simply appreciating what I do - no matter how small or simple it might be.

Thanks to all who have kept up with this blog.  I've enjoyed your help in keeping this going!!

No comments:

Post a Comment