Saturday, February 13, 2010

Meal 18

Meal 18 was technically prepared by teenagers who were hanging out here & decided they wanted to actually cook.  I'm counting it because I did have everything prepped & ready for them & of course gave them "pointers" throughout their time in the kitchen. 

They made sloppy joes, queso dip & their very own gallon of sweet tea.  Sloppy joes were made with the regular "open the can of sloppy joe mix" technique.  Queso was half a box of velvetta & half a pint of home-made salsa....melted together in the microwave.  And sweet tea was made with my "handed" down recipe of 4 family sized tea bags & 2 cups of sugar.  Yep, it's sweet.

The only thing I would've done differently if I'd been cooking it myself would've been to add just a tablespoon or so of brown sugar to the sloppy joes as they simmered...I just forgot to tell them that tip.

18 Meals down....282 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment