Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Meal 39

Just made potato soup & cornbread...actually enough for us & a friend.  I really enjoyed knowing that I was cooking for another family too.  I don't do that enough & I know people really do appreciate that.

Potato soup was full of potatos, cream cheese, butter, cream of mushroom soup & cream of chicken.  It is delicious.  I made the cornbread in two different ways.  One batch (that was going to the friends) I made plain. 

The batch that is staying here I included habanero relish in....and wow, it's HOT!  Tony loves this, I don't so much.  Habaneros can be vicious so if you've never handled them, do so with care.  We raised these in our garden & turned them into relish just for the cornbread!  A friend of ours turned us on to this trick years ago, they would give us a pint a year until we finally became self-sufficient!!  Thanks Denise & Tim!

No comments:

Post a Comment