Monday, January 14, 2013

Today is a reclaiming day....

Anyone ever need a reclaiming day?  That is exactly what is going on around here today.  Piles of laundry folded, kitchen counter finally clean & so much more to be done.  It won't all get done in a day, it certainly didn't all happen in one day.  

I did get three dozen eggs washed.

I also gave all of our iron skillets a quick seasoning. 
They have been so abused lately, they needed the extra attention.
I guess this would be like a nice rejuvenating facial for your cookware.

The old timers say it is absolutely the best for seasoning up iron skillets, so that's what I'm using.
I know it might seem odd to admire the texture of lard, but I really am amazed at how different this looks compared to store bought lard.  Of course I know exactly what this pig was fed & it ate basically what we ate for it's entire life.

This is my favorite picture of our pigs from last spring. 
Sunning in the hay.





No comments:

Post a Comment