Monday, October 8, 2012

Fall is delicious

Temperatures here have fallen & the weather combined with the foods ready for harvest have inspired me today. Here's some of the things I used.
I sauteed the basket of mixed greens from the garden. The butternut squash, pear & a small onion were chopped up like this.
I tossed them with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt & pepper & then started them roasting in a 400 degree oven. After about twenty minutes or so I pulled them out & tossed them with some fresh raw honey from the farm of some friends.
This is what the final roasted dish looked like right out of the oven.
I also made some sage butter from our fresh sage & sauteed the pork in that. It was heavenly.
And then last, but certainly not least, was the pear honey made by my mom. She uses a Paula Deen recipe that is fabulousness itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment